Sunday, May 12, 2019

Target Practice Finish

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope you all have had a great weekend and are spending today celebrating the special women in your lives.

Today I'm sharing my Target Practice quilt.  Yes...it is finally finished and I couldn't be happier. It was a challenge but as most challenges go...it was totally worth the effort.

I took a bunch of photos. So here we go...




The quilt has 36 blocks each finished at 10".
The quilting design is stitch-in-the-ditch and on the border, I stitched triangles (mostly successfully).




First attempt at a quilt swirl.

The arrows are made up of 2 1/2" strips from my stash and the white background fabric, as well as the backing, are all from thrift store sheets.  The border and binding are from JoAnn's. The overall size of the quilt is 66" x 66".

Do you see my Mother's Day card? 

Target Practice on my design wall.

Love how the quilting shows on the back.

Close up of the quilting.

The label is wrong...it should have said May 2019 but the quilting
took longer than expected and I didn't think to change it soon enough.

So there you have it. Until next time...  














Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment