Thursday, May 30, 2019

Hi everyone!

In my last post, I mentioned that I had chosen my next quilt pattern and that I would talk about it later. Well, today I'm going to give you a peek at what I'm working on.

This is a pattern that I've done before and that I love. The construction is easy and the pattern has the ability to take on completely different personalities depending on the fabrics and size of the blocks that you choose.

Have you guessed it yet?

It's the Plus quilt pattern of course. And this time I went BIG. And pink.

Here is a picture of the fabrics that I choose and the squares cut out. I cut 7" squares from 18 fat quarters and binding strips from a 1/2 yard of fabric that I picked up. (the binding strips are on the far right side of the picture.)



I was happy with my choices until I put the blocks up on the design board and after looking at it for a day I decided I didn't like the blue/pink fabric. So I found more pink fat quarters (yes I had to go to the store to buy a few more.) And here is what I picked.
 

Plus one other fabric that I also took a picture of but for some reason my phone lost.


Here is a picture of all the blocks on the design wall in the final pattern.



And here are a couple of pictures of some of the sewed together blocks.


Hopefully, I'll have the quilt top all sewn together soon and will start on the quilting next week. I don't think I'm going to be using the binding strips that I already cut out. Now that there aren't any blues in the quilt I might use a pink fabric. But I'm not sure yet. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Before I go I wanted to show you what I did last weekend that had nothing to do with quilting. My husband and I went to the Denver Zoo on Saturday and I took some photos of our visit.

 


  

This flower is the reason I picked pinks for my quilt.







I was taking pictures of just the flowers and my husband was laughing at me because everyone else was taking pictures of the animals. Oh well. What can I say...the flowers were more colorful, until the birds. And of course, who could pass up pictures of the lions. (Lions and tigers and bears...oh my!)

Well, that's it for now. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next time.

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment