Monday, May 27, 2019

Calling Card Quilt Finish

Hi everyone!

My quilting hiatus is over. I finished most of the spring cleaning that I had planned on doing last week.  I still have a few things that I want to do but I couldn't stand another day without playing with fabric so yesterday I pulled some fabric for my next quilt. 😊

But more about that in my next post. Today I wanted to share with you the quilt I was working on before the hiatus. The pattern is called Calling Card which you can find here.

I've named the quilt Calling All Batiks. And here are some photos of it.


This quilt is made up of 10" squares. The pattern calls for a layer cake but instead, I used fat quarters and I'm glad that I did because I made a couple of cutting errors but since I had the extra fabric I was able to get the correct number of strips needed without an emergency run to the store. 

Fabrics used.
Back of the quilt.



So in case you forgot, the fabrics used were mostly batik fat quarters that I got at JoAnn's and also a few batiks that I had in my stash leftover from another batik quilt. The backing is a black striped duvet cover I found at Ikea in the clearance bin.

All in all, I made 49 blocks for a 7 x 7 layout and I used 26 FQ's. The scrappy binding is from a batik jelly roll that I had that I trimmed down to 2 1/4 to get rid of the pinked edges.

The quilting is a diagonal grid which is spaced 5" apart. I used gray thread for both the needle and the bobbin.

Well, I think that's about it. I hope you enjoy the pictures and if you're thinking of making this quilt pattern I will say that it was very easy to put together and I will probably be using it again.



I'll probably be posting later on this week so until then thanks for stopping by.




Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment