Friday, May 3, 2019

This Week in My Quilting Loft

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Just wanted to let you all know that I finally finished the quilting on Target Practice. It took me three days and it was actually very easy once I figured out what I wanted to do. As I mentioned in my last post, I decided on stitch-in-the-ditch around the arrow blocks and it turned out pretty good.

This is a picture of the quilting from the back of the center of the quilt. I really like the way the quilting shows up.

I also quilted the border. I don't have a picture of that but it took me two days to quilt that because the first time I didn't like the way it looked and once again had to take my seam ripper to it. But once I figured out what I wanted it went pretty easy.

The only thing I have left to do is the binding. I've already machine stitched it to the front and now just have to hand sew it to the back of the quilt.

Which means on Monday I can start my next quilt. WooHoo!!!   I love starting a new quilt.  I think that's my favorite part of the whole quilting process.

I mentioned in my last post that my next quilt is a pattern called Calling Card. I was able to take a picture of it from the Bluprint website.

Here's the fabric that I will be using.



Here is all my fabric cut into strips and ready for piecing. The pattern has instructions to make a throw, twin or queen size quilt. I'm making the throw size quilt that is supposed to finish at    60" x 68". The pattern calls for two borders that combined equals 5" but instead of doing that I think I'm just going to add additional blocks to it. We'll see what happens though. 

So that's what's been going on in my quilting loft this week. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I should have some blocks to share next week and possibly the finished Target Practice quilt.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Camille ❣


No comments:

Post a Comment