Friday, September 7, 2018

Wishing I Was Quilting



Hi everyone....it's been awhile since I've posted but life has been really busy lately. I wish I could say that I've spent that time quilting but unfortunately I haven't.

My husband and I have been in Florida with our youngest son (He's 22 but will always be my baby) looking for an apartment for him because he will be moving there in just 2 weeks. (Don't get me started on how that makes me feel). Since I knew we would be gone, I sent my sewing machine out to be serviced and it isn't back yet. 😞😢   

I think I'm suffering from quilting withdrawal.😰 

Hopefully it won't be much longer now.




Before we left, I started a Jelly Roll Race quilt and though I've finished the top I haven't gotten around to picking a back, making the binding or any of the other steps I need to do before quiltinq it.







Anyway...what else have I been doing? Ohhhh, I brought fabric. YAY!!! Have you heard of Kitchen Table Quilting? If not, you should check it out. I've gotten a few patterns from there (all reasonably priced) and she recently had a Stash Sale that I took advantage of. 


Here's a picture of my goodies...

Reds and grays....yum. Haven't decided on what I'll be using them for but they'll look nice in my stash until then.




Well I think that's all for today.  We're picking up my brother-in-law today from the airport and I need to finish cleaning the guest room and then we're going directly to the Colorado Rockies game from the airport. Oh and then tomorrow we're going to the Goodguys car show and then having a going away party for my son for which I'm making 2 bread puddings and appetizers. 

Told you life is busy right now.

I'll be back soon with a couple of quilts that I finished before I started on the Jelly Roll Race quilt.

Until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment