Sunday, September 30, 2018

What Happened to the Jelly Roll Race?


Hi there!

Remember this... it's a Jelly Roll Race that I was working on a few weeks ago.  It was made from three jelly rolls that I got at Jo-Ann's. Before I took this picture I thought it was too narrow so I put borders on it.  Then it sat on my design wall for a while and the more I looked at it the more I didn't like it.

After searching online for inspiration on what to do with it I decided to cut it up. So I took the borders off and cut it into four large pieces...

and then sewed it back together. 

And I ended up with 2 baby size quilts. 

The first has a border and is named "Bindama" which is Japanese for glass (fishing) floats.








The 2nd one is named "Sea Glass" and does not have a border.





You might be wondering where I got the names for the quilts.
The colors reminded me of the glass fishing floats and pieces of sea glass.  I first saw glass fishing floats when I was stationed in Okinawa.



I'm really glad I took the risk to cut the jelly roll race top because I really think they look much better this way.

All in all the jelly roll race is a quick and easy way to use up 2.5" strips but I don't think I will be making another one. There wasn't enough randomness in it for me. Too many of the same strips were next to each other.  But at least now I know and I can mark this off my to-do list.

That's all for today. As always, thank you for stopping by.









No comments:

Post a Comment