Friday, September 14, 2018

Lullaby - My French Braid Quilt



Hi there. I'm back for a quick post. 

Life has gotten a little less busy but we are now working on getting my son packed up and off to Florida. I spent most of the day yesterday shopping for his new apartment and still have a few more things to buy this weekend. On Tuesday we pack the moving truck and then on Wednesday he and his dad are starting the 1787 miles to Jacksonville.

In the meantime, here is a quilt that I finished before the craziness started.

It's called Lullaby and was based on a  French Braid quilt I found on Pinterest by
Snippy Sisters. There wasn't a tutorial on it but I was able to figure it out using this tutorial I found at My Quilting Infatuation.

Once I figured out how to make a French Braid it was a pretty easy quilt to put together and since it was just a baby size quilt it only took about a week to complete minus stitching on the binding by hand. The quilt finished at 39 x 50. I quilted each braid and then loosely quilted straight lines.


So without further ado here is my quilt Lullaby.






 The back of the quilt is a print I found at Joann's on clearance a few years ago and bought because I knew I would use it someday. Great purchase!


This picture shows my color inspiration for the quilt...my car deodorizer. 😀 I was in the car thinking about the quilt trying to figure out what color the two sides of the quilt was going to be and my flower deodorizer was right there and I had a light bulb moment.
Lucky enough I was able to find the fabric in my stash so this whole quilt was made entirely from my fabric stash. Woohooo. I love when that happens.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

As always,














No comments:

Post a Comment