Saturday, August 18, 2018

Star Blossom Quilt

The first time I saw this Reverse Sawtooth Star Block I knew I needed to make a quilt with this block. But I wanted to make it scrappy. And after much searching I found this Scrappy Sawtooth Star block and added it to my Quilts to Make list.

Time passed and after spending a few weeks organizing the fabric in my sewing loft I decided I had enough scraps to make a scrappy star quilt.

Working from tutorials I came up with a block design using 3.5" squares. 

So after cutting a lot of scraps and fat quarters, I sat down at my sewing machine and started chain piecing blocks together.

It took a little longer than some of my other quilts but it never felt like a daunting task. I don't know about you but revisiting long forgotten fabric is like reconnecting with an old friend. Picking up a scrap and remembering the quilt that it was used in was very rewarding.

The blocks finished at 12" and I made a total of 30 blocks.

I label and name all of my quilts and the name of this quilt is Star Blossom.

And here it is ...

Star Blossom - Front
Star Blossom - Back







The back of the quilt is from a duvet cover that I bought at Ikea on clearance. I paid $10.00 and I have enough left over to make another lap size quilt and a baby quilt plus more for scraps.

Unlike your children, I think you can have a favorite quilt and I think this is my favorite quilt so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment