Monday, July 27, 2020

Christmas in July


Hi everyone,

Do you remember the Christmas quilt that I started in January? Here's a picture of it to jog your memory.

Since I've been having such a hard time trying to decide on a quilt pattern to use for my next quilt, I decided to finish this one. There were a couple of things that kept me from finishing this before now.

I thought it wasn't wide enough. I didn't have a backing for it. And I wasn't sure that I liked it.

For the backing, I found a red and white striped sheet from my favorite thrift store that I thought would work with the whole Christmas theme. I added a column on the left side. And as for liking it...I"m still not in love with it but I don't hate it. 

So here is the completed quilt top up on the design wall. What do you think?


I'm planning on basting, quilting, and adding the binding this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to share it with you guys next week, depending on whether or not I attach the binding by machine or by hand. We'll see what happens.

That's it for now...Thanks for stopping by...Have a great week!!!
Camille



No comments:

Post a Comment