Thursday, April 11, 2019

My Next Quilt - Target Practice

Hi everyone...

A second post.  Apparently, I have a lot to say today and didn't want to put it all in the first blog I posted earlier.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, the quilt that I'm now working on is from a pattern called Target Practice. Yesterday, I finished making up the log cabin units and I only have to add flip-and-sew white squares to each corner of the units to complete the arrow block. Here's a picture of what I have so far...

 

There are a total of 36 blocks and they will finish at 10". This is the first time I've made Log Cabin style blocks and these came together really quickly.  I'll have more to share next week when the quilt top should be finished.

While I was working on these yesterday it started snowing. Which is funny because the weather had been really nice. We were between 65-80 degrees the past few days and then snow. That's the thing about Colorado weather. The saying goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes because it'll change."  But we love it (mostly). 

Just a fair warning...if you plan on visiting Colorado don't be surprised to get snowed in. No matter when you come. 😄 

These were taken from my quilting loft out towards our back yard.
  

And here are a couple of pictures from this morning taken from my driveway.
 
Weather report says we'll be back in the 60's Sunday.
I also wanted to take a minute to say Hi to a couple of new followers...Theresa and Penny. And also Hi to Allison and Karen who have been following for a while. Thanks for sharing my quilting journey.

Have a great rest of your week and I will see you all soon. Not today...I promise.
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment