Saturday, February 2, 2019

First Finish In 2019 - Rail Fence Quilt

Hello All,


Today I'm sharing with you my first finish of 2019. The quilt is named "Don't Fence Me In".

The inspiration came from Red Pepper Quilts.  I've been looking at the Rail Fence pattern for a while and finally just decided to do it.

I knew I wanted to do a quilt with blue, gray and green and my first fabric pull was based on those colors and though I loved the fabrics that I pulled I wasn't super happy with them. I felt like something was missing.

So while I was grocery shopping at WalMart I went through the fabric section looking for color combinations that spoke to me.


And I found this fabric. I didn't buy any of it because I didn't think it would go with my design but I loved the colors so I went back to my fabric stash and pulled more fabrics.





And settled on these.


So here it is...Don't Fence Me In.








This quilt was made with 14 Fat Quarters + scraps. I cut 2-inch x 6.5-inch strips from each FQ for a total of 336 strips and then added scraps to make 90 blocks. I squared the blocks at 6" x 6".  The backing is a faded sheet that perfectly matched the aqua fabric in the quilt. For the binding, I cut 2.5" inch strips from a gold fabric that matched the goldish yellow in the 'Aztec' looking fabric.
The quilting is a very simple straight line on the diagonal. The quilt finished at 48" x 53.5".

This will definitely not be my last Rail Fence quilt. It was pretty easy to make which is always a good thing. The next one I think will be scrappier and bigger.

On to the next quilt which I have already started on.

Thanks for stopping by...







No comments:

Post a Comment