Sunday, February 10, 2019

WIP - Another Plus Quit

Hello and welcome to another edition of my blog.

Is there a quilt pattern that you come back to over and over again? A pattern that no matter how many times you use it, it never disappoints and every time you make it, it still makes you smile when the quilt is done?

Well for me its the plus quilt. 

This will be my 5th plus quilt. And I can honestly say it will not be my last one.

Why? Because it's as easy as a patchwork quilt and depending on the fabric you use the feel of it changes each time.

There are numerous tutorials on how to do it so I won't go into that but the pattern I use is based on this tutorial from In Color Order. I like that she just uses squares instead of squares and rectangles.

And, putting it together is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. 

So here are a few pictures of the quilt so far...


Pluses on my design wall

Pluses on my cutting table

Still, lots more ironing and sewing to go. I haven't figured out a name for it yet but I usually don't name my quilts until it's all put together.

I think the next plus quilt I make will be using 8-inch squares.

Okay, that's all for today.

Thanks for stopping by...


Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment