Thursday, February 28, 2019

Another Plus Quilt Finished

Hello everyone!

I'm back with another plus quilt. As I've said before, the plus quilt pattern is one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure there will be many more in the future. 

And I'm okay with that. 😊


Front of Plus #5
The fabrics for this quilt are a combination of a Layer Cake of Boundless High Society, some leftover tan fabric from Boundless Ruby Fleur, and stash fabric from JoAnn's. The binding is a Gray Check also from Boundless High Society.



Back of quilt

Like most of my quilts lately, I used a thrift store sheet for the backing. 





I had no idea what to name this quilt so I just went with the obvious.  This is the 5th Plus quilt I've made so that's the name Plus #5.

The blocks were cut at 3". (Confession: I messed up on the cutting. I originally wanted the finished block to be 3" but when I went to cut up the fabric I had 3" stuck in my head instead of 3.5" and didn't realize my mistake until it was too late. 😞)

There are a total of 480 squares/blocks.

The quilting was my go-to design for the plus quilts I've made - straight lines 1/4" on both sides of the seams going vertically and horizontally. I love how the quilting looks on the back.

And the quilt finished at approximately 55" x 60".


Okay...that's it for today.  I've got a quilt in my head that uses 2 1/2" strips so I'm going to play with my EQ8 software and see if I can figure it out.

As always...thanks for stopping by.

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment