Thursday, December 6, 2018

Ruby Fleur - Hour Glass Quilt Reveal

I can't believe it's been more than a month since I last posted. Time flies when you're living life. I could say I've been busy but that wouldn't be the truth.

So what's been going on...

Have you ever been in a state of mind where you feel like what you're doing isn't good enough? Well, that was how I was feeling about my blog. So I kept finding other things to do instead of blogging because I felt like, "What's the point. There are so many quilting blogs out there for people to follow. No one is going to follow me or read my blogs."

I was wrong. There are people reading my blog and following me. Not many but that's okay.  That's not why I started this blog. I started this blog so I could have a place to post pictures of my finished quilts and talk about quilting.

So let's talk about quilting...

In my last post, I talked about the next quilt that I was going to work on. Well, I finished it. The kit that I purchased from Craftsy was the Scarlet Chain with Boundless Ruby Fleur fabric. When I brought the kit I loved the fabric and the pattern but when I opened it last month I wasn't in love with the pattern but I loved the fabric, though I did throw in a few other reds and whites that I had on hand.  Instead of following the pattern, I decided to to do a quilt based on Amy Smart's (www.diaryofaquilter.com) Hour Glass Quilt.  I love the simplicity of the design and that it allows the beautiful fabric to be the focus. The only change I made was not to have a border. 

So here it is.


Ruby Fleur Quilt

Close up of the block

Back of quilt

Close up of the quilt back


Please ignore the badly stained carpet...unfortunately Colorado is not always the prettiest in November. The grass where I usually take pictures is almost as brown as the carpet. Oh well. I think I might have to look in PhotoShop or something like that so I can make the pictures better.

Anyway...there you go. I'm back and will be posting at least once a month.

Hope to see you then...




No comments:

Post a Comment