Thursday, October 25, 2018

Welcome Fall - My Fall Quilt Reveal



Welcome Fall is complete and I can't be more pleased with how it turned out.

My son Connor claimed this quilt before I even started it and now I have to send it to him. But between you and me - I want to keep it for myself.

I LOVE THIS QUILT!!!!                                               

I love everything about it.

The pattern - I love the Plus pattern. This is the third plus quilt I've done and I don't plan on it being my last.

The colors - The fabrics are from JoAnn's, a LQS and sheets from thrift stores but they all play really well together.  Every time I look at it I pat myself on the back for picking these fabrics to put together for this quilt.

The quilting - Though simple, the straight line quilting on either side of the seams looks really good. And it's super simple. Which I love.





Of the 20 fabrics that were used for this quilt, only 3 were FQ's and I'll have to replace them but the rest were at least 1 yard, so I'll be able to make myself one and Connor can have his without me being jealous.

There are a lot of tutorials on making the Plus quilt. The tutorial that I used was The Modern Plus Quilt Tutorial from In Color Order which you can find here. 


The finished size is 64" x 75" which is a nice cozy size.


If you haven't made a Plus quilt yet, you should definitely give it a try. But I'll warn you now...it's a super addictive pattern.

Betcha can't you make just one. 








No comments:

Post a Comment