Saturday, December 29, 2018

What Happened to 2018?

OMG!!! I can't believe it's days away from 2019.

I don't know about you but every year at about this time I look back over the year and all I see are the things I didn't get accomplished. 😞

But guess what, a new year is right around the corner and I get to try to do better.

Anyway...I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I wanted to get a post out before Christmas, but it didn't happen. Both boys were home and with getting ready for Christmas, Christmas parties, getting together with friends in town for the holidays, baking and cooking....it's been busy and crazy. And I loved every minute of it.

Now comes the quiet again. And quilting.

We put our Christmas tree up in our loft which is also where I have my 'quilting studio'. So every year I pack up all my quilting supplies, sewing machines, tables and everything else and lug it all down to the basement. And for at least 2 weeks all I can do is dream about quilting.

I've gotten used to it and I think its good to take a break but by the time I start "deChristmasizing" the house in January, I am foaming at the mouth, ready to play with my fabric.  Hopefully,  this will be the last time I'll have to do all that because in 2019 the quilt studio will be moving to Connors' room. I think I'll still take a break during Christmas but at least I won't have to lug it all down to the basement.

Before Christmas, I was able to finish a quilt made up of all bandanas. I'd been planning this quilt for about a year.  I love the bandanas from Walmart so I buy a few every now and then. So when I decided I had a nice stack this is what I did with them.  Plus 2 of the bandanas were from Jace (my oldest son).

So without further ado here it is...The Bandana Quilt.





This quilt is HUGE (or at least it is for me). It fits our king size bed with a drop and is approximately 94" x 94". It's based on the Diamond in a Square pattern. The quilting is just stitched in the ditch and an 'X' in the center of each square. The backing is a black sheet I found at the thrift store with a strip of leftover fabric. I didn't do a label on this one because I don't plan on giving it away or selling it. I might go back and write the label information on one of the blocks later on but I haven't decided yet.


FYI. If you try a bandana quilt don't prewash them. Ugh, what a mess. I knew better as this isn't my first quilt using bandanas but for whatever reason I did it. Made it a little more difficult because they lost their shape but I think it turned out okay.

Well, that's it for now. I'm planning to do an end of the year post on the 31st but just in case I don't get to it....I'll see you in 2019.








No comments:

Post a Comment