Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Pinwheeling - A Completed Quilt

Hi everyone!

Can you believe that summer is almost over? Where did it go? I think I say those words every year. How about you?

This past week I completed my pinwheel quilt and signed up to participate in a quilt along. Have you done a QAL before? This is my first one and I'm very excited about it.

The Little Miss Sawtooth Quilt Along starts September 9th and runs to January 10, 2020. As the name suggests the pattern is a sawtooth star block. The QAL is free (unless you buy a paper pattern.)
If you would like to join in the fun you can find the details here.

I also started working on my first paper pieced block quilt. Since this is my first time doing a paper pieced pattern I decided on a simple Diamond In a Square block. There will be more details on this on the next post.

So anyway...here are some pictures of Pinwheeling.













The quilt has 36 pinwheels that started with 144 6 1/2-inch squares. The fabrics that I picked were based on the black and flower fabric. Altogether I used 14 different fabrics. The finished pinwheel measures 10-inches. The layout is 6 x 6 and the quilt measures 62" x 62". The binding is a beautiful garnet that was cut from a thrift store sheet. I even found a Gütermann thread that was a perfect match (Col 443). The backing is an Ikea sheet/duvet. I quilted it by doing stitch in the ditch in all the seams (both vertical and horizontal). 

Overall I really like this quilt. The color scheme isn't exactly something I've done before but I think the colors all work.

Well, I guess that's it for now. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment