Friday, September 27, 2019

A New Quilt Reveal

Hi there!

Guess what I did today? I posted on Instagram for the first time...woohoo! I told you I was taking part in the Little Miss Sawtooth Quilt Along and posting on Instagram is part of the fun. So I did. Who knows I might even win prizes. We'll see. If you're interested in taking a look at what I posted you can find me on Instagram at cjaxquilted.

Anyway...today I have a new quilt to share with you. 


The quilt is called Menswear and has been in the making for a few years now. 
It started with a lot of 6" homespun and plaid squares that I brought at a Junk in the Trunk sale at the LQS near me a few years ago. Some of the squares were used in the quilt "Cabin Fever" 
Cabin Fever
which I made 2 years ago. The leftover squares sat in my fabric bins waiting for inspiration. Which finally came when I saw a Pinterest post of a quilt using plaids in a Diamond in a Square design but there was no pattern. But I loved it. 

So I added to my plaid collection with a few men's shirts and some denim and Menswear was born.

The next challenge was figuring out how to make it without a pattern. There are a lot of tutorials online for making a Diamond in a Square block so I started there, then decided to try my hand at paper piecing...which I've decided I don't like. (too many steps).


The quilt has 72 blocks with an 8x9 layout and is approximately 62.5" x 70". The quilting design is pretty basic diagonal straight line quilting 4" apart as well as a few horizontal quilting in the ditch lines. And the backing is a thrift store sheet.





The best part of this whole quilt is that I didn't buy any new fabric except for the binding.

Oh by the way....the paintings on the side table...I did those myself. The sunflower is made up of scrap fabric.

So that's it for now...I've started on a new quilt this week and will be working on the QAL so I'll be busy for the next few weeks. But I will keep you posted.

Until next time...

Thanks for stopping by.
Camille



No comments:

Post a Comment