Tuesday, August 6, 2019

What I've Been Working On...


Hi there!

Just thought I would stop by and let you know that I've not forgotten you all.  In the past few weeks, I've managed to spend some time working on a new quilt as well as doing some other fun things.

One of those things is stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm extremely uncomfortable with heights and when one of my friends invited me to join her and a few other ladies in doing a rope course I was at first very hesitant to say yes. But I am so glad that I did. I faced my fear and though I only spent about 30 minutes on the rope course I am so proud of myself and glad that I can now cross that off my To-Do list.

The other thing that's happened is my youngest son came home for a visit. We spent a lot of quality time together and had a lot of fun. I'm happy to say he's decided to come home and go to school. So he'll be home in November and I couldn't be happier.

So anyway...onto quilting.

I'm working on a pinwheel quilt. So far I've got the quilt top done and the backing ready to be pin basted.

This is the fabric that I picked out. It all started with the center fabric (the gray with orange flowers) and the two fabrics on either side of it. The other fabrics were pulled from my fabric stash.







Cutting HST's using the June Taylor Perfect Half-Square & Quarter Square Ruler. This is a great ruler to use when making HST's.














And here is the quilt top on my design wall. (the blue squares are my numbering system so when I chain stitch everything the blocks they end up where they're supposed to.)



I plan on pin basting this tomorrow and should start quilting it this weekend. I think I'm going to just stitch-in-the-ditch for this quilt. So if all goes well I should have this completely finished in the next couple of weeks. At which time I will take a lot of pictures and share them with you.

Until then...

Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment