Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fabric, WIP and Baseball

It's Opening Day (MLB)!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Best Day Ever!!! ⚾ 💖😀

Can you tell I love baseball?

Yes. Yes I do. It's a long love affair that started when I was probably 9 in California while visiting my grandparents. My grandfather would go to the fish market on Saturdays and get fried fish which he brought home and we would sit in front of the TV watching the Dodgers and eating fried fish (can't remember what kind), creamed corn and freshly baked bread. (My grandmother was an awesome baker and all-around great cook.) 

The love has waned at times but I always go back to it. And for the past few years, I have been an avid fan watching every Colorado Rockies and Washington Nationals games.  My husband is awesome for many reasons but during baseball season we get the DirectTV MLB package so I can watch the Nationals since we live in Colorado and this is the only way I can watch every game. 

Anyway back to quilting...

Today I have lots of photos to share with you. I've been playing with a camera that I haven't used in a while and thought would take better photos than my phone. So some of the photos might not be perfect but it was fun.

The first is a photo of the Paris quilt. 



It's all quilted and waiting for binding. Hopefully, I'll have time to stitch the binding onto the front of the quilt on Sunday and then during the week I'll hand sew the binding to the back. (I find this very relaxing and look forward to this step.)

Next up are photos of the fabric that I've purchased in the past few weeks. You know how much I love a sale...well all of these were brought during sales or with awesome coupons. 

We'll start with the fabrics I brought on Craftsy (now Bluprint). All clearance priced. (Woo! Hoo!)

First up is a fat quarter bundle from Lily & Loom called Mystic Dawn. I haven't used purples in my quilts yet so I'm looking forward to using this bundle.









Next up is a Boundless Melrose and Vine Fat Quarter Stash Bundle.


And lastly Boundless 1930s Revival Fat Quarter Stash Bundle. 





      






And these are some that I got at JoAnn's. (These were on sale, special or with a coupon.)
All Batiks
 
 
 I fell in love with these when I saw them though I had gone into the store for 99¢ fat quarters. They also have these in a blue colorway that I might pick up soon.  with these and brought 1/2 yard cuts. The black with flowers is called Red Medallion on Black, the black is called Packed Leaves Black, Red Medallion on Gray, Diamond Vine Brown, Ditsy Floral on Red 2 and the gray I think is Yarn Dye High Rise. 

 


 
    

And finally a couple of Jelly rolls and a couple of fat quarters bundles, which I got as BOGO.


So yeah, I guess I've brought a lot of fabric lately and I can't wait to use them though I still need to work on depleting my stash. My next quilt is actually a scrap buster so that will help a little and I won't feel so guilty buying new fabric. It's funny as I'm typing this I just got another package from Craftsy with another fat quarter bundle that was on clearance. I'll post pictures of that next week.

I also went to the thrift store and found some sheets.

The first one is a funny story. A few days after wrapping a present for a friend, I found a gift bag sitting on the dining table and thought the color combination was interesting. A week or so later I was at the thrift store and found a sheet that I thought had an interesting color combination. I brought it home and laid it on the table where the gift bag was sitting and was totally surprised that matched. You be the judge.

 
And lastly...
Two sheets that just called out to me.



So yeah...that's what I've been doing today.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Opening Day and every day until I talk to you again.

Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment