Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A Fish Tale - A Completed Quilt

 Hi everyone!

I have a new quilt to share with you today. It's called A Fish Tale and is a gift for a new baby boy coming soon. His parents are friends of my son and, this is actually the second quilt I made for them. The first quilt was done in 2016 for their first child, a little girl. I used the same pattern, Fast Four Patch Quilt by Diary of a Quilter, for both. She has a great tutorial which you can find here.

Now on to pictures…

I started this quilt on 02/05/2021 and was finished on 02/15/2021, so it is truly a fast quilt to make. The quilt finished at 47" x 55". The pattern has you layout the quilt blocks into seven rows of five blocks each, but I used six blocks to make it a little wider.


I had no idea what fabrics I was going to use for this quilt but, I found this fish fabric at JoAnn's and fell in love with it. I knew that it would be my focus print.





The backing and binding are from a thrift store sheet, and the quilting is my usual (and favorite) diagonal grid.



And here are pictures of the first one that I made.






Well, that's if for now. I hope you enjoyed A Fish Tale as much as I do. 


Thanks for stopping by.


Camille



No comments:

Post a Comment