Saturday, December 19, 2020

It's a String Thing

Hello friends!

It's almost Christmas. Are you ready?

I am!! For the first time in many years, I'm a little ahead of schedule. All the presents are wrapped and under the tree. 

This is the first year since I started quilting that I didn't have to put away all my quilting stuff. We use our loft for the Christmas tree, which was also where my quilting space was. But now I have my quilting room, so guess what I've been doing? You guessed it. I've been working on a new quilt.

I've always wanted to make a string quilt but didn't think I had enough scraps. Well, that's not a problem now. So I finally started one and, I'm enjoying the whole process. I can definitely say I will be making more in the future. 

Now a few pictures...



Blocks on the design wall in no particular order.

My working space before I started. (It does not look like this now!)

I'm making a total of 72 string blocks. I have no idea how long this will take to complete, but that's okay because I'm not in a rush to finish. I'm just enjoying the process and we'll see what I end up with.

Thanks for stopping by...and I'll see you in 2021.


Wishing you a Happy Holiday and a joyful New Year!

Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment