Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunshine Bouquet - A Half Hexie Quilt

Hi everyone!

I have a finished quilt to share with you today. 


I had so much fun making the first large half hexie quilt (Wildflower Bouquet) that I had to make it again. This time I made it in shades of yellow. And I think it came out great.

Most of the fabric is thrift store sheets, though I did throw in some quilting fabric.











The quilt came out a lot bigger than I had first intended. But that's okay, more quilt to love. It's a whopping 75" x 86". Not the biggest quilt I've made but still pretty big.

Unfortunately, you can't tell in these pictures, but for the binding, I used green to represent the greenery that surrounds a bouquet. There are a total of 25 different fabrics used for the petals and 21 fabrics for the flower centers.

I started the quilt on 10/12/2020, the quilt top was finished on 10/26/2020 and had the quilting finished on 11/02/2020 and, the binding finished on 11/9/2020. 

The quilting is the same that I used on the Wildflower Bouquet quilt, straight lines that create triangles along the quilt. Love it!

The backing, as always, is a thrift store sheet.

As I mentioned before, this quilt will be a Christmas present for one of my favorite people, my son's girlfriend, and I can't wait to give it to he

Well, that's it for now. Until next time...

Thanks for stopping by!

Camille



No comments:

Post a Comment