Friday, June 21, 2019

Another Finish - Pretty In Pink

Hey everyone...

I spend a lot of time thinking about the quilts that I want to make. There are so many patterns, tutorials and pictures of quilts on the web that sometimes I just get overwhelmed. And when that happens but I still want to create something I make a Plus quilt. It's one pattern that allows me to just enjoy the process of quilting.  Do you have a pattern like that?

Well anyway...here it is...my "Pretty In Pink" quilt.







I love pink. Every shade of pink. When I was about 10 my parents wanted to redo my bedroom and asked me what color I wanted it to be. I said pink. So on two walls, I had pink and white stripe wallpaper and one wall was pink flower wallpaper and the other walls were just painted pink I think. And of course, I had a white canopy bed with pink bedding. 

When I was thinking of making this plus quilt I hadn't decided on what fabrics I was going to use. But when my husband and I went to the Denver Zoo a few weeks ago and I saw the pink flowers I shared in this post, I knew what color I wanted it to be. PINK. So I went hunting in my stash and pulled out all the pink fat quarters that I had (which was a lot), plus a trip to Joann's and Wal-mart to pick up a couple more. (You can never have enough pink or enough fat quarters.) 




All in all, I used 22 fat quarters. From each FQ I cut 5 (7") squares for a total of 
110. And cut them all out in one day.




The back of the quilt (don't you love polka dots?) is a brushed cotton sheet that I found at a thrift store. (I think it cost $2.00)


The binding is from a FQ I got at Wal-Mart. It's Waverly Dabbles Coral. (Did you know that Wal-mart is slowly getting rid of their bolts of cotton fabrics and going to pre-cuts?) 

The quilting was my usual plus quilt design of straight lines 1/4" on both sides of the seams going vertically and horizontally. And the overall size (after washing and drying) is 64" x 70". 

So that's it for Pretty In Pink. And the best thing about it...it's all mine.

Until next time... Thanks for stopping by.

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment