Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The Pathway Quilt

 Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing my latest quilt finish. It's called Pathway and was made for my best friend's first grandchild. She picked the fabric and the pattern and even helped make it.

The fabric that my friend chose is very colorful and vibrant. It's an Australian Aboriginal design called Dreamtime from M&S Textiles. We brought the 10 pack (layer cake) in Multi for the main fabric and a roll (jelly roll) in Red for the binding.

The pattern that she chose is Cobblestone Street by Robert Kaufman Fabric. It's a free pattern and is super easy to make - except for the bias edges. ðŸ˜¬ But I put a border on it, which seemed to help the wavy edges.

Photo time...





For the quilting, we chose super simple straight lines about 4 inches apart. As you can see from the photo, there is some puckering on the back. As this quilt is for a child, I didn't fret too much about it. "Done is better than perfect."  As usual, the backing is a thrift store sheet.

Oh well, that's it for now. I'll have another quilt to show off in the next week or so. It's another Plus quilt, but this one is different than any other plus quilt I've done, so I'm really excited to show it off when it's done.

Until then, thanks for stopping by!

Camille

 

No comments:

Post a Comment